Toronto Mother Tongue Ward Map
Toronto Mother Tongue Ward Map, 2022
Archival pigment print on Hahnemühle Agave 290gsm
Image size: 23 x 27.5 inches
Paper size: 30 x 30 inches
Limited Edition of 12
ABOUT THE WORK
- This piece shows the top ten Mother Tongue languages in Toronto’s 25 wards based on 2016 Census Data. The colours of flowers represent each language spoken, helping the eye pick up patterns where different communities exist across the city. The drawing was done with Faber-Castell colour pencil, ink and watercolour on colour aid paper. Coloured lines drawn with a ruler connect one ward to the next creating a harmonic and connected image. All together, the image looks like a vibrant textile. There are 30 languages that fall into the top 10 languages across the city, but many more are spoken. Those are represented as tiny apples with colourful seeds placed at the bottom of a triangular tree-like form.
- Thin white or light grey frame to size
- We highly recommend UV protected glass to preserve the integrity of your artwork from prolonged light exposure
- Artwork is signed and numbered by the artist Margaux Smith
- Shipping rates are calculated by the size of the package and shipped via Canada Post. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any specific shipping and handling questions
- Orders ship within 10 business days
Please be aware that while we try our absolute best to accurately portray colour, paper quality and material application there are subtle variations that we cannot 100% capture. All artworks can be returned in their original packaging and original condition within 14 days of receipt if it is not to your liking. Please don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions.