Symbiotic Period [Dec 21 to Feb 13]
Symbiotic Period [December 21 to Feb 13], 2022-2023
Archival pigment on Canson Aquarelle Rag 310GSM
18 x 24 inches
Limited Edition of 12
- 10% of sales will be donated to La Leche League Canada, a registered non profit that provides mother-to-mother/parent-to-parent/peer support for pregnant women, new parents and beyond.
a b o u t t h e w o r k:
I’m sharing two data drawings I made representing Cye’s newborn period. I recorded all the times I breastfed Cye, beginning December 21 until mid March. Each row is a day, each column is an hour. The blue sections with light blue dots are times that I breast fed Cye. The darker area shows night (sun down) and the orange section represents daylight period. Framing the composition are remedies for low milk production, fenugreek and fennel, and symbiotic animals: aphids and ants. While most data is represented and collected with the purpose of analysing, predicting, and optimising, this data collection is about observing the gradual emergence of circadian rhythm, curiosity about what patterns may arise without interference, and a desire to capture and represent cherished moments of Cye’s fleeting infant hood.
- Thin natural wood, taupe, or white frame
- We highly recommend UV protected glass to preserve the integrity of your artwork from prolonged light exposure
- Artwork is sign and numbered by the artist Margaux Smith
- Shipping rates are calculated by the size of the package and shipped via Canada Post. Please reach out to email@example.com for any specific shipping and handling questions
- Orders ship within 10 business days
Please be aware that while we try our absolute best to accurately portray colour, paper quality and material application there are subtle variations that we cannot 100% capture. All artworks can be returned in their original packaging and original condition within 14 days of receipt if it is not to your liking. Please don't hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.