Apart Together/Self Reunion
By Laura Dawe
Apart Together/Self Reunion, 2019
1 colour Risograph, set of two
11 x 14 inches
Limited Edition of 50
- Thin frame to size in white or black
- We highly recommend UV protected glass to preserve the integrity of your artwork from prolonged light exposure
- Artwork is signed and numbers by Laura Dawe
- Shipping rates are calculated by the size of the package and shipped via Canada Post. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any specific shipping and handling questions
- Orders ship within 10 business days
Laura Dawe is a painter/director/writer in Toronto, Canada.
My work is sometimes writing, sometimes video, often painting, recently performance. It is always, in some way, about myself. It is always about people and what it feels like to be a person. Sometimes being a person feels as simple as a vase or a building. It is often funny. Or sad. Fragile, imbued with false worth, or re-painted a million times.
My process, regardless of the medium, is to identify my most dominant or uncomfortable feeling and to express it.
She holds an MFA from OCADU. In 2012, she wrote and directed the short DREEMER through the CFC director's lab. It went to SLAMDANCE and was broadcast on IFC. In 2010, she wrote and directed a pre-apocalyptic feature film called LIGHT IS THE DAY.
Laura's work can also be found at Division Gallery, Toronto.