Spinning Circle 1
Spinning Circle 1, 2014
Giclée print | Archival Pigment Inks | Hahnemühle Photo Rag Smooth 305 gsm
36 x 36 inches
Limited Edition of 45
Add Spinning Sphere 2 to complete the diptych.
Courtesy of Patel Gallery
- Thin frame to size in white
- We highly recommend UV protected glass to preserve the integrity of your artwork from prolonged light exposure
- Artwork is numbered verso and accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity signed by the founder of Ninth Editions
- Shipping rates are calculated by the size of the package and shipped via Canada Post. Please reach out to email@example.com for any specific shipping and handling questions
- Orders ship within 10 business days
Schuster graduated from OCADU's Drawing and Painting program in 2011. His work has been exhibited in a number of solo and group exhibitions, including Palindrome Dome Metronome Home at O'Born Contemporary (Toronto), More Than Two (curated by Micah Lexier) at The Power Plant (Toronto), an off-site exhibition at the Havana Biennale, as well as public installations for the City of Toronto's Nuit Blanche and WayHome Music and Arts Festival.
He is represented by Project Gallery, Toronto.
Ninth Edition Works
Palindrome Dome Metronome Home
2014 - Ongoing
The works that populate Palindrome Dome, Metronome Home find their agency in the exposition of visual literacy. If perception is a key to knowledge, than thinking about what we perceive gives knowledge its immediate meaning. Callum Schuster has selected a primary and distinctly pedagogical form, the sphere, and shunted it into the realm of the plane in order to transform it into useful information. The act of flattening sphere to circle here not only explores how we observe patterns, rhythms, and cycles in nature, but also how we find ways to measure time & space.
This body of work explores the way humans have understood counter-posed entities such as inner/outer, 2D/3D, imagination/reality, and theory/practice, each of which the artist feels is vital to knowing.