Symbiotic Period [Feb 14 to March 13]
Symbiotic Period [Feb 14 to March 13], 2023
Archival pigment on Canson Aquarelle Rag 310GSM
18 x 24 inches
Limited Edition of 12
- 10% of sales will be donated to La Leche League Canada, a registered non profit that provides mother-to-mother/parent-to-parent/peer support for pregnant women, new parents and beyond.
a b o u t t h e w o r k:
This chart beginning in mid February ending in early March is less precise, I stopped recording the length of feed and quickly jotted down each feed which is represented as a white dot. In this version the time bends around the corner, the dark areas are feeds after sundown, which gradually shrink as the days get longer. The Red dots are hours from 12am-12pm and the blue dots are hours from 1pm to 11pm. While the first chart is easier to read and more logical, this one represents the way time feels with a newborn, a never ending string of interconnected hours that bend and join the next day. The yellow and black dots in the centre represent the overlapping of two bodies, the joining of Cye and I through feeding. In the second chart I value less the ability to interpret the data, although its easy to observe his feeds getting more spaced out as time passes, and instead make a devotional image about maternal love using information as ornament.
- Thin natural wood or white frame
- We highly recommend UV protected glass to preserve the integrity of your artwork from prolonged light exposure
- Artwork is sign and numbered by the artist Margaux Smith
- Shipping rates are calculated by the size of the package and shipped via Canada Post. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any specific shipping and handling questions
- Orders ship within 10 business days
Please be aware that while we try our absolute best to accurately portray colour, paper quality and material application there are subtle variations that we cannot 100% capture. All artworks can be returned in their original packaging and original condition within 14 days of receipt if it is not to your liking. Please don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions.